Traditional vegetables are the best. Today I tried out how to cook mrenda in a different way. Let me teach you also;
- bunch jute(mrenda)
- 2 bunch cow pea leaves(kunde)
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1 cup milk (optional)
- Pour water in a sufuria.Add sodium bicarbonate.
- Let the water boil until it forms bubbles
- Add the chopped mrenda and kunde
- As soon as the vegetables has turned from light green to dark green remove from the heat and drain all the water
- Use the same sufuria or another one add onions and sautee until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes,salt and stir until tomatoes start to become paste like
- Add the veges and stir until they are incorporated into each other
- Add milk and continue stirring. Taste to see if salt is enough and add more if needed
- Let it cook for a few more minutes and remove from the heat
- Serve the mrenda with ugali.For protein you can serve with chicken,fish or meat
Try out this recipe and you will enjoy. Share the article to your friends.