Herbs, grains, and meat are commonly used in cooking in northern Ghana, as these are the region's main food items. Tuo Zaafi is similar to banku, but it is less sticky and has a smoother texture. It's made by mixing a small amount of cassava into corn dough.
"Tuo Zaafi" is distinguished by the use of high and rare herbs in the preparation of its accompanying soup, which has made it a popular national dish. Ayoyo and dawadawa leaves are among these herbs. Protein, details, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin C are all contained in these leaves.
Let's take a look at how to make Tuo zaafi and Ayoyo at home.
1. Leaves of ayoyo.
2. Salt peter (Potassium nitrate).
3. Fish in a powdered form.
4. Okro in powdered form
7. Seasoning for fish.
8. Spices with a variety of uses
9. Mutton (Beef)
10. Palm oil.
13. Herrings are a type of fish.
14. Flour made from cassava.
15 Flour made from corn.
1 Ayoyo leaves should be chopped into smaller pieces.
2. Bring water to a boil, then whisk in the chopped onion, powdered fish, powdered okro, and dawadawa.
3. Add the ayoyo leaves and salt peter after 5 minutes.
4. Don't cover and keep stirring until the ingredients are very soft.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Soup is ready after 3 minutes of simmering.
6. Split the meat into the desired sizes. Wash the meat and place it in a large saucepan over medium heat.
7. Combine the onion, ginger, and garlic in a blender and add to the beef.
8. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and steam for 5-10 minutes.
9. Heat the pan over high heat until it is very hot, then add the olive oil. After that, add the chicken.
10. Fry until browned on one hand, then flip.
11. Shift the meat to a bowl after browning the second hand.
the chopped onion and garlic until they are tender and beginning to tan.
13. Attach the ground pepper and tomato puree and continue to mix for a long time.
14. Salmon and herring should be washed. After that, add it to the stew.
15. After 6-10 minutes, add the spices and cook for another 6-10 minutes.
16. Add some chopped onions and salt to taste.
17. Finally, add the fried meat and cook for 3 minutes.
Instructions On Preparing Tuo Zaafi
1. Get some corn flour and mix it with some cold water. Then thoroughly combine to create a solution.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil, then add the corn flour and cook for 5-10 minutes.
3. Obtain a portion of the solution and put it in a separate tub.
4. Mix together the dry corn dough and cassava dough, then apply a little at a time to the boiling corn dough, stirring thoroughly to avoid lumps.
5. Stir in the corn dough solution that you set aside to soften the Tuo Zaafi.
6. Switch off the heat after 15-20 minutes of stirring the Tuo Zaafi.
7. Tuo Zaafi goes well with stews and soups.
Thanks for reading.
Please don't forget to share.
Please leave your comments after trying