Although the 2023 Gubernatorial Election in Cross-River State is about Two years away from this time, the Quests to succeed the Outgoing Governor of the State, Senator Ben Ayade of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is already gathers momentum, Notable Chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition People's Democratic Party (PDP) are already making efforts to take over governance from Ayade come 2023. They include
1. Senator Gershom Bassey (PDP)
The 58years-old Bassey was one of the Founding Members of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Cross-Rivers State and he has been a Chieftain of the party since 1998. In 1999, The Calabar-born Civil Engineer turned Politician was appointed as Chairman of the Cross-River State Water Board, a position he occupied until 2014. During the 2015 General Elections, Gershom Bassey contested and won the Cross-River South Senatorial Seat and was re-elected for a Second-term in 2019. He currently serves as Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream).
2. Hon. Ntufam Ekpo Okon (APC)The 60years-old Politician was a PDP Chieftain until 2018 when he decamped to the APC. He began his political career in 1999 as Member representing Calabar Municipality/Odukpani Federal Consistuency, a position he until 2003. Due to his political sagacity, Okon served simultaneously as the Cross-River State PDP Chairman and a State Commissioner under the Administration of the then Governor Donald Duke. He later represented Cross-River State on the board of Niger-Delta Development Commission (NDDC). Hon. Ntufam Ekpo Okon was the Deputy Governorship Candidate of the APC during the 2019 General Elections.
3. Prince Daniel Asuquo (PDP)
The 58years-old Asuquo is a vibrant Politician who enjoys maximum support in State especially among the Youths. He is currently a Third-term Lawmaker representing Akampa/Biase Federal Consistuency in the House of Representatives. Since he joined politics in 1999, he has been Member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP). Prior to his Election into the National Assembly, Hon. Asuquo has held several positions including Chairman of Akampa Local Government Area of Cross-River State (1999 - 2002) and Director General of the Cross-River State Rural Electrification Agency.
4. Senator Bassey Edet Otu (APC)
The 61years-old Banker turned Politician is popularly known as "Sweet Prince" within and outside Political Circles in the State. He was an APC Gubernatorial Aspirant in build-up to the 2019 General Elections. Otu who is an Ex-lawmaker represented Calabar Odukpani Federal Consistuency in the House of Representatives from 2003 to 2011 and later served as Senator representing Cross-River South at the Nigerian Senate from 2011 to 2015. He was once a Chieftain of the PDP, but later decamped to the APC in December 2016.
5. Senator John Owan Enoh (APC)
The 54years-old Academician turned Politician came into political limelight in 1999 after he contested and won a Seat in the Cross-River State House of Assembly. He later served in the House of Representatives for Three-terms, Enoh represented Etung Federal Consistuency of Cross-River State from 2003 to 2015 under the PDP platform. He subsequently contested and won the Cross-River Central Senatorial Seat, Senator Enoh decamped to the APC in 2017 and was the 2019 Governorship Candidate of the party in Cross-River State.
Who among these Top 5 Political Gladiators do you think 'll succeed Governor Ben Ayade in 2023.
Kindly Like, Share and Comment your Opinion.
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org