Do you know there are certain tips you should take note of, if you don't want to have issues or encounter problems while using ATM machines? If no, then I will suggest you relax and read this article till the end as we are going to have a look at some important tips that will be of maximum use to you.
In this article, we are going to have a look at some of the safety tips you should take note of before Withdrawing or doing any transaction on an ATM machine. Just sit tight and enjoy the article.
1. Beware of Your Surroundings; this is super important if you don't want to have issues especially at Night. If you come to an ATM and see that there is someone or some people hanging some feet away from the machine itself without a well defined purpose, take a different lane. One of the most dangerous things you can think of, is doing a transaction on an ATM at night but if you must do it, make sure the surrounding is either busy or there's no one hanging around suspiciously.
2. Bring Someone With you when using an ATM; this is another thing you must do if you want to be completely safe from hoodlums or criminals while using the ATM. Make sure you take someone along with you no matter the time and even if you don't find someone to go with you, make sure you go do your transaction on an ATM that is located in a public place. This is to avoid any lone moment that might give criminals the opportunity to catch you off guard.
3. Use Your Body as Shield While Entering Your Pin; this is another information you must take seriously. Ensure you cover up entirely when you are entering your pin, so that someone won't see your pin as you're entering it into the system. This way you will be much more safe and also if you feel like someone is coming to close to you or lingering behind closely, step out of the ATM and come back later for the safety of your money.
4. Don't Display or Openly Count The Money Withdrawn from an ATM; this is perhaps one of the most important things you should know. Openly counting the money you withdrew from ATM might increase your chances of being robbed. The ATM is a machine, so it's quite pointless counting the money immediately, just move away from the environs of the ATM and count your money. Reason being that most times criminals hang around ATM branches.
5. Always Take Your Receipts with You; no matter the transaction done, ensure you take your receipts and transaction records with you while leaving the ATM to avoid any information about you getting into the wrong hands. No one needs to know the amount you even withdrew for your own safety.
Thanks, share and follow the handle.