Sleeping is a natural way of resting our mind at night to wake up healthy in the morning. However, there are a lot of activities and actions that affect our sleeping pattern and may also prevent us from getting enough sleep. Below are some of the things we shouldn't do in order to sleep well at night:
1. Caffeine should not be consumed after noon. Coffee, tea, iced tea, energy drinks, and soda fall within this category.
2. Save the second glass of wine for after dinner. While alcohol is known to hasten sleep onset, it also interrupts sleep, producing waking in the second half of the night, when the body should really be entering sleep cycle.
3. Avoid other stimulants, such as chocolate, nicotine, and certain drugs, close to bedtime.
4. Close to bedtime, avoid eating a large, heavy meal.
5. Before going to bed, avoid watching TV, using the computer, or spending long periods of time on a mobile device. These activities stimulate the mind and make falling asleep more difficult.
6. Don't use your handset, laptop, or other mobile device while you're sleeping.
7. Resist the temptation to nap during the day; it will disrupt your normal sleep/wake cycle.