Here is my recipe of Efor Riro Soup
- 4 Red bell peppers
- 1 medium onion bulb
- 3 Scotch Bonnet
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 1 medium onion bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon blended crayfish
- ½ cup red prawns (head removed)
- 2 cups shredded fish (smoked Catfish preferably and properly washed and de-boned)
- 1/2kg meat (Goat meat or beef and Pomo)
- 2 tbs whole locust beans (Iru woro)
- Salt to taste
- seasoning to taste
- 15 Cups chopped fresh spinach
1. Chop all ingredients.
2. Combine in a blender and pulse to a rough coarse consistency.
3. Pour mixture into a strainer to remove excess fluid or cook to remove water if any.
4. If you are using fresh spinach, place the spinach in a bowl, add ½ teaspoon of salt, cover with boiling water and place a lid over the bowl. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Rinse out the spinach and squeeze out all excess water.
5. Place a large pot on medium heat.
6. Add in the palm oil and heat.
7. Add the sliced onions and fry until lightly browned
8. Add the coarse blended pepper puree and the ingredients such as seasoning, stock fish and meat.
9. Cover and leave to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
10. The palm oil will float to the top when it's well cooked.
11. Add in the spinach.
12. Add seasoning to taste.
13. Then leave to simmer for about 3 or more minutes.
Turn off the heat. Your Efor Riro is ready. Serve hot with Amala fufu or pounded yam.
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org