PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOW BUTTON FOR MORE UPDATES.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has made some reforms to the Senior High Education Sector, below are some important features to note about the new reform made to the Senior High Sector.
(1) The Senior High School will henceforth be described together with Kindergarten, Primary, and JHS as Basic School.
(2) SHS 1 will now be referred to as B10.
(3) All students in JHS 1(B7), JHS 2(B8) JHS 3(B9), and SHS 1 now B10 will run a Common Core Program called CCP which comprises of 9 subjects; namely - Mathematics, Languages, Religious and Moral Education RME (standalone subject), Physical and Health Education ( Not Examinable), Social Studies, Career Technology, Computing, Creative Art and Design.
(4) Students in SHS 1(B10) will run the common core program CCP for a year meaning students in B10 won't select elective courses.
(5) Students in B10 will write a Common Core Examination at the end of B10 to progress to SHS 2.
(6) At SHS 2, students will now have the opportunity to select either a career-related program that includes technical and vocational programs or high school Diploma programs such as Science, Business, Arts. This means elective subjects will now start from SHS 2.
(7) Students will now write University Entrance Exams at SHS 3 instead of WASSCE.
(8) Students after successfully completing SHS 3 will be awarded a Diploma Certificate instead of a WASSCE certificate.
PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE, AND DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE FOLLOW BUTTON FOR MORE UPDATES.
News Hub Creator email@example.com