The footballer is currently the world's most popular sport with an estimated 3.5 billion fans from around the world. Fans contribute, in a way, to the worthiness of a club as they turn up at the game, thus enabling the club to raise funds that can purchase more players, who subsequently may add profits to the clubs.
Below is a list of the top 10 most valuable clubs as of May, according to the Football 50 2021 report published by Brand Finance.
1. Real Madrid
Real Madrid has been named as the most valuable brand in the world with an estimated value of $1.49 Billion.
2. Barcelona takes the second position with $1.48 Billion.
3. Manchester united comes third with $1.32 Billion.
4. Manchester city ranks 4th with $1.31 Billion.
5. Bayern Munich has a value of $1.25 Billion.
6. Liverpool ranks 6th with a value of $1.14 Billion.
7. Paris Saint Germain is valued at $1.04 billion.
8. Chelsea finds their way in the list with $0.90 billion value.
9. Tottenham takes the 9th position with $0.84 billion.
10. And last on the list are Arsenal who is valued at $0.79 billion.
Leicester, who sits 3rd on the English Premier League Table has not managed to find their way into the top 10 list but may soon see themselves being included, as they remarkably attracting fans with their performances.
Below is the full table showing the rankings.