Match report from the Anfield stadium as Liverpool win against Crystal Palace


Liverpool take on Crystal Palace on Wednesday evening as they move one step closer in securing the Premier league title.

The home side took dominant of the game from the first whistle as the look to take an early lead but the away side kept defending brilliantly. Crystal Palace was dealt a blow when they lost their key man Wilfred Zaha early on in the game with a muscle injury and the Ivorian was replaced by Max Mayer.

Liverpool took the lead on the 23rd minute after Jordan Ayew gave away a sloppy freekick on the edge of Palace's 18 yards box. Alexander Arnold stepped up and curl the ball into the top corner for his 7th goal of the season. Liverpool could have double the lead five minutes later when Jordan Ayew again gave away another freekick in a similar position but this time Fabinho's affort was hit over the bar. The home side continued to the dominate the game as Palace stay deep and hoping for a break on counter attack. On the 41st minute the away side had a chance on the break but Max Mayer effort was off target.

Liverpool doubled the lead on the 43rd minute when captain Henderson found Mohammed Salah with a wonderful pass which the Egyptian calmly finished to double the advantage for the home side. The first half finished with Liverpool leading by two goals to nothing.

In the second half the home side continued from where they left off in the first half as they continue to dominate the game with a ball possession of 75% in favour of Kloop's men. It was soon 3-0 on the 55th minute after a well hit shot by Fabinho from 35yards out beat Palace's goalkeeper Wayne Hennesy. Liverpool first substitution of the game came in the 64th minute when Jordan Henderson was replaced by Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. The home side made it 4-0 in the 69th after a wonderful pass by Mo Salah to find Sadio Mane who slooted the ball in the far corner of the post. Liverpool made a double substitution shortly after the goal as young defender Williams and january signing Minamino replaced Alexander Arnold and Roberto Femino on the 74th minute.

Liverpool continued to dominate the game and could have added to the score line on the 92nd minute through young right back Williams but his shot was well save by Wayne Hennesy. The home won the game by 4 - 0 and could be crown the Epl champion tomorrow if Manchester City fail to beat Chelsea in their league game tomorrow.