Deputy President Dr William Ruto has shown capability of occupying the country's top job through various ways including sharing out his resources to the public, enduring harsh treatment from Jubilee Party among other things.
There is high possibility that the Deputy President might take the country's top job due to various reasons including the following;
1. The Deputy President has been sidelined lately from his own party, the Jubilee Party led by the Head of State President Uhuru Kenyatta. The party has gone to an extent of reducing his power making him almost functionless in the party.
The above move is set to make Kenyans give William Ruto sympathy votes in 2022.
Kenyans will also sympathize with him as many Kieleweke faction Legislators have been dismantling him telling him to resign.
2. Many political leaders in Jubilee Party have ditched their party leader for William Ruto, a big boost for him in the 2022 polls.
3. Some leaders from other parties for example Didmus Barasa are totally backing the Deputy President's 2022 presidential bid.
4. Ruto has also won big from Raila, Mudavadi and Kalonzo's bedrooms, a clear indication that he will gain a lot of votes from the above regions boosting his votes basket.
5. By now, Odinga, Mudavadi and Kalonzo's political influence in the country cannot be compared to Ruto's, as his (Ruto) earlier political engagements with Kenyans have made him more popular.
However, William Ruto will have a hard time getting the top job if the Building Bridges Initiative passes.