Herbs and Supplements for Hypertension
Blood Pressure Treatment Alternatives. The following herbs and supplements may be beneficial as alternative hypertension treatments:
1. Hawthorn. This northern European plant has been used as a heart-disease remedy for centuries.
2. Fish oil.
5. Coenzyme Q10.
6. Folic acid.
Here are some simple recommendations:
1. Exercise most days of the week. Exercise is the most effective way to lower your blood pressure.
2. Consume a low-sodium diet. Too much sodium (or salt) causes blood pressure to rise.
3. Limit alcohol intake to no more than 1 to 2 drinks per day.
4. Make stress reduction a priority
5. Potassium may be the best known nutritional supplement for blood pressure regulation. Studies suggest that increasing your intake through food or supplements helps reduce high blood pressure levels
6. Citrus fruits. Citrus fruits, including grapefruit, oranges, and lemons, may have powerful blood-pressure-lowering effects. They're loaded with vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that may help keep your heart healthy by reducing heart disease risk factors like high blood pressure
Avoid foods are high in sodium such as,
1. Processed foods such as lunch meats, sausage, bacon, and ham.
2. Canned soups, bouillon, dried soup mixes.
3. Deli meats.
4. Condiments (catsup, soy sauce, salad dressings).
5. Frozen and boxed mixes for potatoes, rice, and pasta.
6. Snack foods (pretzels, popcorn, peanuts, chips).
Thanks For Reading. Follow Me For More Updates