Disabled woman, 67, burnt beyond recognition, one hospitalised after 8-roomed house caught fire

News Hub Creator

A 67-year-old disabled woman burnt beyond recognition, one hospitalised after 8-roomed residential house caught fire at Wariruta area, Kirimukuyu ward in Mathira.

The elderly woman lost her life on the spot as a result of smoke inhalation.

Area assistant chief said a neighbour, notified the police that a house belonging to one 67-year-old woman caught fire.

"Police officers responded to the site and found that the fire had already consumed the whole house. Several efforts by the locals to extinguish the fire proved futile," the assistant chief said.

He said they found the burnt body after the officers put out the fire fighters extinguish the fire.

The body of the deceased was moved to the hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.

Residents blamed the police, including the county government, of failing to act with speed to rescue the victim.

The latest development comes just one month when three kids were burnt to death after a fire gutted their house in Siaya County.

Their mother and a 10-year-old sibling survived the accident.

The accident took place at Baragulu in Alego Usonga sub-county.


News Hub Creator feedback-newshub@operanewshub.com

Home -> Country