The brain, which is housed within the skull, is the nerve system's control center. It consists of over 100 billion nerves connected by trillions of synapses. Muscle control, sensory reception and integration, speech production, memory storage, and cognition and emotion elaboration are just a few of the roles it performs.
These are some of the bad habits that can harm your brain:
1. The ability of our bodies to absorb proteins and nutrients is harmed by long-term sugar consumption. This could result in malnutrition, which delays brain growth. It happens when our bodies don't get enough nutrients in their blood, which causes brain development to stop.
2. Lack of sleep: Several studies have found that the brain purges toxins exclusively during the deep sleep cycle. Sleep deprivation can cause brain cell death, resulting in diminished memory and performance.
3. Using earphones or headphones to listen to loud music can permanently harm your hearing. It may cause memory loss and damage to your brain tissue in the future. Your brain is the one that requires effort to comprehend what is being said around you. If you put too much pressure on your brain, it will inevitably be injured.
4. Drinking plenty of water will help your body and brain perform more efficiently. Don't skip breakfast and drinking insufficient water: Water makes up 80% of the brain's water. Stay hydrated at all times by drinking lots of water to keep your body feeling fresh.
5. Smoking: We all know that smoking causes cancer, but did you realize that the addictive nicotine in cigarettes causes your brain to shrink? In fact, long-term brain shrinkage can lead to Alzheimer's disease.
6. Too much food: Several studies have found that eating a lot of calories for a long time can raise a person's risks of developing memory loss or moderate cognitive impairment (MCI) later on.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post; please like and share it with your friends on social media so they are aware of it.
Let's do our best to spread the word and follow me for more articles.