The sudden increase in mortality rate due to childbirth complications is fast becoming a thing of great concern all over the world. In Nigeria, the mortality rate is actually higher than that of America. However, recently, there's been an occurrence which might cause people's views concerning this matter to change drastically.
Few days ago, a prominent Nigerian business woman died some days after the delivery of her son in Fairfax Virginia, USA. She obviously died from postpartum complications. Many Nigerians initially thought she had given birth back here in Nigeria but in a recent statement released by her family, the assumption was corrected. See the Screenshot of statement below:
It's a really unfortunate and saddening news. The baby boy she left behind would never get to meet his mother leaving a void which would be difficult to fill.
Although the late Diekolola was quite prominent, many people do not know much about her. Therefore, in this article, I will be sharing ten facts about her which many may or may not know.
1. Diekolola Osa Avielele is the second daughter of Chief Cornelius Adebayo who is a former Governor of Kwara State. He also served as a one time Minister for communication.
2. She died at the age of 44 in Fairfax, Virginia, USA where she had birth to her son.
3. She had a Bachelor of Law degree from UNILORIN and the Nigerian Law School, Abuja
4. She had once worked as an in-house Attorney with Globacom Nigeria and Conoil Production Ltd before setting up Cedarwood.
5. She actually died on Thursday, the 16th day of July, 2020.
6. She did her Masters at the Howard University School of Law, Washington DC, USA
7. She was a Silent philanthropist who was passionate about the less privileged children.
8. She was an athlete and the house captain of her house in her secondary School years.
9. She died from postpartum complications after giving birth to her son who is fortunately very healthy.
10. Before her death, she was also the CEO of D'Venue Event Centres.
I believe you now know more about her than you did minutes ago. You'd agreewith me that It's quite disheartening to realize that this news came in few days after we lost the youngest female pilot in Nigeria. I pray that God grants her immediate family and friends the fortitude to bear this great loss. May her beautiful soul rest in Peace, Amen!
Please like, share and type RIP. May God continue to keep us safe, Amen. Thanks for reading!