Sometimes, eating the same type of foods can be boring. Breakfast being the most important meal of the day may need some changes to spice up your mornings from time to time. This Zebra striped cake recipe is a great one to try and much simpler to make than you might think.
Photo credit: Google.
1. Four eggs.
2. One and a half cups sugar.
3. Two tablespoons vanilla extract.( optional)
4. One cup + two tablespoons whole milk.
5. One cup vegetable oil.
6. Two cups all-purpose flour.
7. One tablespoon baking powder.
8. One and a quarter tablespoons salt.
9. One and a third cup cocoa.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour 2 eight inch or 1 ten inch cake pan.
2. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder and then sift.
3. Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until foamy then add the oil and milk and stir before folding in the sifted dry ingredients.
4. Divide the batter in two equal portions in different bowls.
5. Add the additional two tablespoons milk along with the cocoa to one portion, mixing gently until well blended.
6. Using a quarter cup of the batter at a time, begin by pouring vanilla batter in the center of the pan, then immediately pour another quater cup of the chocolate batter directly in the center of the vanilla mixture.
7. To form stripes, alternate between the two flavors continuously, pouring the batter directly in the center of the pan until all the batter has been used.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
9. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if it is ready. It should come out clean.
10. Let it cool.
Serve with a glass of milk or tea.
Do you like this recipe?
Like, follow and share for more.
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org