It is a bright Saturday evening on the 18th day of July. We have the following Top Headlines.
1. Arotile’s ex-classmate had no driver’s licence – Report.
2. ICYMI: Ruling on Mompha’s application to recover assets from EFCC July 24.
3. Katsina police engage bandits in gun battle, rescue abducted victims.
4. UPDATED: Five siblings die in Katsina explosion.
5. Enugu Catholic priest dies of COVID-19.
6. Forget revenge talk against Man Utd, Lampard tells Chelsea.
7. Strike: Labour gives Fayemi 14-day ultimatum.
8. COVID-19: Ekiti bans traditional festivals.
9. BREAKING: Seven feared dead as explosion rocks Katsina.
10. White House moves Bush, Clinton portraits to disused room.
11. Ukrainian airliner black boxes sent to France – Iran.
12. Edo 2020: Obaseki denies destroying Ize-Iyamu’s billboards.
13. Lawan denies plans to run for president in 2023.
14. Jailed Algerian ex-minister Benhamadi dies of COVID-19.
15. Monaco sack Moreno, set to hire Kovac.
16. Nigerians express disbelief over arrest of Gokada founder’s ex-PA.
17. Bollywood star Aishwarya Bachchan, daughter moved to isolation centre.
18. Outrage as Dangote truck kills one, injures three in Ogun.
19. BREAKING: Ex-Edo Speaker, Zakawanu Garuba, is dead.
20. Two US astronauts return home on SpaceX Aug 2.
21. Ekiti PDP crisis: Fayose-backed exco wins as court dismisses pro-Olujimi’s suit.
22. APC lawmaker under fire for abusing Buhari.
23. COVID-19: 324 Nigerians to return home from US.
24. Auntie made me drink ‘toilet water’, burnt my private parts with lighter — Kaduna girl, 14, allegedly tortured by deaconess.
25. I did plastic surgeries to enhance my flat buttocks –Cossy Ojiakor.
26. I wept when doctor said stick was inserted in my daughter’s private part — Princess’ mother.
27. Again, police recover three decomposing corpses in Rivers forest.
28. Gov Poll: Few days to primary, Ondo APC still in turbulence.
29. I returned purse to show that most Nigerians aren’t criminals —Japan-based Nigerian who returned lost purse stuffed with money.
30. Senate seeks four-month ban for VIPs flouting airport protocols.
31. Prof. Kembe went into isolation and treatment for two weeks after testing positive for the virus alongside the university’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration), Prof. Godwin Achinge who later died of COVID-19 complications.
32. Joint CSO statement on directive by IGP disbanding satelite offices, bases.
33. Mandela Day: The Africa Channel reflects on Mandiba’s legacy.
34. China warns UK over basing aircraft carrier in Pacific.
35. Attack on NUJ: Bauchi APC youth wing disown thugs.
36. Edo govt didn’t bring down APC candidate’s campaign billboards ― Osagie.
37. FG test runs Warri-Agenebode-Ajaokuta rail line.
38. Sudanese govt, rebels enter ‘the most important’ stage of talks.
39. I am not planning to run for 2023 Presidency — Lawan.
40. Anambra 2021: It’s APC’s turn ― Nwokafor.
41. Hamilton breaks records as Mercedes lock out front row
42. The 276-km rail line links Warri in Delta and Agenebode (Edo) to Ajaokuta in Kogi State.
43. Messi right to issue rallying cry after humiliating defeat – Setien
44. Group to NDDC forensic auditors: Before Akpabio, Pondei who hijacked N376bn excess budgets?
45. Rouhani says 35 million Iranians face virus infection.
46. Truck crushes motorcyclist to death in Ogun.
47. Man United’s Solskjaer hits back at Mourinho, Lampard VAR claims.
48. Edo: INEC publishes final list of Candidates.
49. When questioned if he felt Messi's words were a slight on him, Setien added: "No, not at all..
50. COVID-19: Families of deceased healthcare workers to get financial benefits .
51. COVID-19: India donates essential medicines worth $50m to Africa
52. Twitter says hackers ‘manipulated’ employees to access accounts.
53. Pastor Ituah Ighodalo launches Obidunni Ighodalo foundation amid tears
54. Obaseki mourns death of ex-Speaker of Edo Assembly, Zakawanu Garuba.
55. PDP chieftain, group seeks disqualification of Ondo Deputy Governor.
56. The church is now threatening us with financial curse over tithe – Basketmouth reacts to Oyedepo’s comment.
57. Pregnant woman beaten to death in Ebonyi.
58. Lagos govt fixes alternative routes ahead Third Mainland Bridge closure.
59. Community raises concern over impending bridge collapse.
60. NAF opens investigation into Tolulope Arotile’s death, arrest two suspects.
61. Police arrest 27-year-old father of nine, others for vandalising oil wells.
62. Dekunle Fuji: How I lost my memory when I got to USA.
63. Some Actors borrow cars from dealers to impress people – Yetunde Bakare.
64. I only got N500 for killing my boss - Ibadan serial killer.
65. Hushpuppi transferred to California for trial, dumps lawyer.
66. Imo APC hails court’s judgement on party’s leadership tussle.
67. Rivers APC crisis: Aguma threatens to file contempt suit against party chieftain.
68. NDDC probe: PDP demands Akpabio’s suspension, disbandment of IMC.
69. Don’t collect less than N30,000, minister charges Conditional Cash Transfer beneficiaries.
70. Stop grazing on schools’ fields, Anambra govt cautions herdsmen.
71. Perpetrators of Shia massacre risk death penalty ― Group.
72. Buhari congratulates Premium Times Publisher, Dapo Olorunyomi on Press Freedom Award
73. Flood: Group trains Bayelsa women on environmental protection.
74. Fahim Saleh: Pathao and Gokada CEO’s assistant charged with his murder.
75. Ondo 2020: Oyedele says they don’t know mode of APC primary.
76. Reps frown on slow pace of work on 2nd Niger bridge, other road projects.
77. Ekiti workers give Fayemi 14-day strike notice over unpaid salaries.
78. Edo 2020: We didn’t endorse Obaseki ― AAC.
79. COVID-19: NAPST seeks payment of monthly stipend to 10,000 private school teachers.
80. Governor Inuwa Yahaya appoints heads of two Gombe agencies.
81. Anambra health insurance agency registers 86,000 beneficiaries.
82. Bauchi speaker donates transformer to Maje town after three years of darkness.
83. NDDC: NANS back Buhari on forensic audit, decries attack on Akpabio
84. Ondo 2020: Oke warns APC leaders, Yaya Bello over indirect primary.
85. Police arrest 27-year-old man for attempting to kill friend with gun over N1,000 debt.
86. I never discouraged Senate from buying Innoson vehicles ― Sen Ubah.
87. Authorities must apologise for ‘knee on neck’ police arrest, lawyer says.
88. Kanye West asks fans to help get him on South Carolina's presidential ballot.
Thank you and stay with us as I will bring more to you as they come.
Please like and share.