Autism spectrum disorder is a developmental disorder that affects one ability to think, socialize, interact and communicate. Autism spectrum disorder is characterized by repetitive behavioural patterns thus people with ASD may communicate and interact differently from others which makes them special. People with autism spectrum disorder do things in a different way however, some of them need help in their daily lives; others need less.
People with ASD are mostly subjects of stigma which leads to unmet needs like education and employment. Many at times, people with ASD are bullied at some point in their lives. One may ask what are the symptoms of Autism spectrum disorder, I've gathered information about how to identify a person with ASD based on social communication, interaction and pattern of behaviour.
1. A person being it a child or Adult with ASD may fail to respond to his or her name.
2. They usually have poor eye contact and they lack facial expression.
3. They sometimes have delay speeches.
4. People with ASD don't understand simple questions and directions.
1. A child or Adult with ASD perform activities that could cause self harm such as head-banging.
2. They fixate on objects with abnormal focus.
3. Their movement patterns like walking are usually odd.
4. They may have a specific food preference.