Causes of Uncontrollable shaking of the hands and fingers.
Have you ever experienced a situation where your hands and fingers became shaky all of a sudden in an involuntary manner? Well if your answer is yes then keep on reading to find out what the causes are. These involuntary movements are sometimes intense that it affects activities you wish to perform with your hands. For example, it can interfere with how you hold a pen when writing or typing on your cell phone. The actual medical term for these unintentional and uncontrolled movements is called tremor. Tremors can affect any part of the body but it mostly affects the limbs.
1. Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia): If your hands become shaky all of a sudden, it could be an indication that you are hungry and needs to eat.
2. Alcoholism: Tremor is common among those who are alcoholics. If you know of any alcoholic, take notice of their hands when they are sober and you find out that they are shaking.
3. Stroke: the blockage or the rupture of vessels in the brain thereby preventing oxygen from reaching the brain cells. The most common cause is hypertension and hence tremor is also common among hypertensives.
4. Parkinson's disease
5. Medications: some psychotic medications have tremors as their side effects.
6. Stress: If you could remember, during exams, you sometimes experience some tremors which may be due to stressing of the brain or anxiety.
Tremors are not always serious but they can sometimes indicate the worsening of a condition. If it is the result of a medical condition, it resolves when that medical condition is treated.