Senator Lawan has won the Senate Presidential election held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the State House of Assembly in Abuja. Senator Lawan, who received 79 votes, took the oath of office as the new Speaker of the Senate after defeating Senator Muhammad Ali Ndume who received only 28 votes. After months of consultations and support, Senator Ahmed, who represents Yobe North, has fulfilled his dream of becoming the Speaker of the Senate during the inauguration of the new Federal Parliament in the history of the country. You certainly know about the new President of the Senate.
1. At the age of 56 in the world, Senator Ahmed Lawan was born in 1959. He holds a bachelor's degree in Geography from the University of Maiduguri. He holds a Postgraduate Diploma, Master's and PhD at Cranfield University in the United Kingdom. He served the country in Benue State.
2. Prior to his tenure as Senator of Yobe North, Senator Lawan did nothing but teach. He spent most of his early years teaching at the University of Maiduguri until his retirement in politics.
3. Senator Lawan has been in the House of Representatives since 1999 when he was elected as a member of the House of Representatives. After eight years in the House of Representatives, Senator Lawan was elected to the Senate in 2007 and is currently the APC's most experienced senator.
4. As the Hausa people say, Senator Lawan's skill, hard work and dedication have played a key role in winning many awards and prizes, including the CON (National Honors Award of the Commander of the Commander of the Command) the Order of the Niger).
5. It is envied that Senator Lawan has a blood relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari. The discovery was made during a visit to First Lady Aisha Buhari during a visit to Jos to offer condolences to former Governor Tanko Al - Makura on the death of his mother.