Here Is What Happened To The Man Who Was Kidnapped

News Hub Creator

https://www.iol.co.za/news/kidnapped-kzn-man-shot-dead-body-found-in-bush-16b88248-61a0-4127-b61f-5e8c36c56760?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1638972844

Durban: A KwaZulu-Natal man, who was supposedly grabbed on Saturday, has been tracked down dead.


Johnathan Eloho Okinedo's body was unloaded in a shrubbery in Riverdene, Newlands on Tuesday at around 2pm.


KZN police representative Colonel Thembeka Mbele said police got data regarding two bodies.


"On landing in the scene, they observed obscure guys with gunfire wounds lying close to a white vehicle.


"One of the casualties was subsequently distinguished as a 38-year-elderly person who was supposedly hijacked by obscure individuals on 4 December in the Ntuzuma region and the subsequent casualty is as yet unclear.


MORE ON THIS

Police explore grabbing of KZN man as family guarantee they paid payoff twice

"Charges of homicide were opened at Newlands East police headquarters for examination."


On Monday, police affirmed an instance of abducting had been opened at Ntuzuma SAPS, following the vanishing of Okinedo.


"The complainant affirmed that his sibling went to introduce a DStv decoder in Ntuzuma on Saturday at around 10.32am. Sometime thereafter, he got a call from his sibling, saying he was in a difficult situation and requesting he move R2 000."


Response Unit SA supervisor Prem Balram said the casualty's better half and sibling showed up at their central command on Monday morning, looking for help with finding him.


"They supposedly paid the ruffians twice a measure of R2 000 and he was not delivered."


Balram said Okinedo, a dad of one, moved from Nigeria to South Africa in 2015.

News Hub Creator operanews-external@opera.com

Opera News Olist
Home -> Country