The feast of Christmas celebrates, as every year for more than two millennia, the birth of Jesus Christ. "It is a major celebration for Christians all over the world. But what many people don't know is that Jesus is also an important figure in Islam, even though most Muslims do not celebrate Christmas." , writes the Vox site which has compiled a list of "six facts you may not know about Jesus and his mother Mary."
1. Jesus, Mary, the angel Gabriel, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and many other "characters of the Bible" are found in the Koran.
2. Jesus, called ʿĪsā or Aïssa in Arabic, is considered by Muslims as a prophet of God, born of a virgin (Mary), who will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and defeat al-Massih ad-Dajjal (in other words, the Antichrist).
3. An entire chapter of the Koran is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, called Maryam in Arabic. This is the only chapter named after a woman, and the only woman to be mentioned by name in the entire Quran. "The other female characters are only identified by their relationship to others".
4. Like the Prophet Muhammad and the other Prophets of Islam, Muslims utter the eulogy phrase "Peace and blessings of God be upon him" whenever they refer to Jesus.
5. Muslims recognize miracles in Jesus. "The Koran mentions several miracles of Jesus, including that of giving sight to the blind, healing lepers, resuscitation or even giving life to clay birds.
6. "The story of the birth of Jesus as reported in the Koran is also the story of his first miracle, when, as a child in his cradle, he declares himself to be a prophet of God",
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org