I love pie! I'm a South African so naturally I've been a fan from a young age. But I also love making my own and have many variation that only require store bought puff pastry and a little imagination. I use Today brand but any brand should be fine to use.
Without further ado! Let's get into these little parcels of joy!
This recipe will have you eating way more than just one pie
• 600g of lean mince
• 400g of pork sausages
• 100g of chorizo diced
• 3 medium potatoes cooked with skin and mashed
• 2 medium carrots grated
• Handful of grated Butternut squash
• 1/2 Onion diced
• 3 tablespoons of tomato puree
• 2 chillis
• 2 handfuls of mozzarella cheese grated
• 1 teaspoon each of: Garlic power, onion powder, paprika, BBQ seasoning, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, mixed herbs and turmeric powder
• 1kg packet of store bought puff pastry
• 1 tablespoon of melted butter
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 1/2 cup of sesame seeds (optional)
• Set your oven to 180°C
• In a bowl mix together the first ten ingredients and incorporate with a wooden spoon until combined.
• Flour your table and roll the puff pastry out but not too thinly. But into semi circles
• Place the mixture in the middle but do not overstuff it. Cut off excess. Close it and use a fork to pinch it together. Do this until your mixture is finished.
• Flour your baking tray
• Mix your butter and honey together
• Brush your pastry with the butter/honey mix and bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown
Thank you for your time!
Images📸 courtesy of Google and Ndumiee
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org