Sobolo is made out of dried hibiscus or rosella leaves. This is very highly popular beverage in Ghana and other West African countries. Sobolo drink is called Bissap in Burkina Faso and Zobo in Nigeria. There are a lot of health benefits associated with the consumption of sobolo. It helps in regulating cholesterol levels. It also reduces menstrual cramps and speeds up digestion which is effective in weight control.
Ingredients For Sobolo
1 cup dried hibiscus leaves
5 cups boiling water
3 tablespoons sugar
½ cup ground ginger
Any fruit or vegetable slices for garnishing
Methods of preparation
1. First, take four cups of water and let it boil. Add the Hibiscus leaves and boil for about 15 minutes or until the water changes to a deep red color.
2. Once it has brewed to your satisfaction, separate the leaves from the liquid.
3. In a different bowl, pour the boiled water. Pour 3 table spoons of sugar into the water and stir until all has dissolved.
4. Take the one cup of fresh pineapple juice and the ginger and pour it in the sugar and water mixture. Stir thoroughly.
5. Add the mixture to the sobolo juice and whisk together thoroughly.
6. Allow it cool for at least 2 hours.
7. Preferably, you can garnish the sobolo with fruits such as sliced apples, watermelons, orange rinds, and others.
For more tips,please follow my page.