Two weeks ago the media was dominated with headlines of Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah being manhandled by officers of the National Security. This received a lot of reviews and raised questions about violence and brutality meted out to journalists in their line of work. the national Security promised to investigate and yesterday released preliminary results. According to the results, Lft. Col Frank Agyemang and 3 others were implicated.
Today, Friday, May 21, 2021 Member of Parliament for North Tongu has sent a barrage of question regarding their investigation results. Okudzeto Ablakwa demanded answers to 7 key things that the investigation did not finalize or clarify.
1.Was Caleb Kudah brutalized or not.
2. Why was the National Security silent on their Rambo style invasion of Citi FM?
3. Whether the National Security endorsed victimization of media men and women.
4. Why was only the name of Lft. Col Agyeman the only name mentioned in those implicated.? What are the names of the other 3?
5. Is the National Security protecting some people who should be punished?
6. What is the standard procedure that is done when such a thing happens?
7. Why is there no compensation for Caleb Kudah and Zoe Abu Baidoo?
Maybe we will never have answers to some of the questions, but they surely raise eyebrows as to whether the investigations should have been independently done by another institution.