Your son is a precious God-given gift, and you want to do all you can to protect, promote, and secure him. As a parent, prayer is one of our most powerful tools!
When you are worried and anxious about your son's life and decisions, you should cast your concerns on Jesus and find peace, understanding that he has a mission to do good. Allow God to work through you and your son through prayer. You are advised to use your common sense.
The girls are the pride of their community. Many people consider the male child to be the most desirable. However, it is daughters, not sons, who receive further parental protection. Prayer should be used in addition to strict discipline if you consider these things in your son:
I'm not saying you shouldn't flog him a little if you find these things, but does flogging a child make a difference? Yes and no, but if you pray fervently enough, they will change dramatically. But instead of flogging, learn to pray.
1. Pray for your son if he is a bad kid.
2. Pray for your son if he has no sympathy for anyone.
3. Pray for your son if he speaks back to you.
4. Pray for your son if he enjoys stealing items that aren't his.
5. Pray for your son if he is envious.
6. Pray for your son if he has a habit of disrespecting the elderly.
7. Pray for your son if he is still hanging out with bad boys on the street.
8. Pray for your son if he always takes your money.
9. Pray for your son if he enjoys girly stuff.
10. If your son is still getting into mischief, pray for him.
11. Pray for your son if he fights on the street.
12. If your son is uninterested in women, pray for him.
13. Pray for your son if money is more important to him than his life.
14. Pray for your son if he takes to school for granted.
15. Pray for your son if he is calloused.
16. Pray for your son if he is always fighting people and leaving scars on them.
17. Pray for him if he doesn't do something at home and returns late.
18. Pray for him if he enjoys gossiping.
19. If you see him with a paper cigarette in his mouth, say a prayer for him.
20. Pray for your son if he does not pray to God.
So, instead of flogging or beating him, pray for him and hope that he will improve for the better.
Do you use prayer or flogging to discipline your son?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in the comments section.