Due to the security challenges faced in the south East region, the South East Governors held a security summit yesterday in Imo State.
The summit was attended by the South East Governors (Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, and Abia state), Navy and Air Force Commanders, the Acting IGP, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other stakeholders in the state. The summit was held to address the issue of insecurity in the region.
Decisions Arrived At
1. The Governors decided to introduce a new Joint Security outfit with the code name ‘Ebubeagu’. To fight and flush out hoodlums, criminals, and terrorists in the region.
2. The Governors agreed on the need to unite as one zone and put together all the weapons in their arsenals to aid the new security outfit to put an end to criminality in the region.
3. The Governors requested that the Acting IGP, Usman Alkali Baba, should put a stop to the influx of monitory Units in the region. As the Commissioners of Police and Zonal commands in various states should be allowed to handle the issue by themselves.
4. The governors re-emphasized the need for security agencies to strictly implement the ban on open grazing.
5. Lastly, the Governors resolved that the heads of security agencies should draw up a comprehensive list of logistics and materials that would be needed to achieve success in the war against terrorism in the region.
SOURCE: PUNCH News, Link
Photos From The Security Summit
What do you think about this? Is the Security Summit a good move from the south East Government? Let's hear your opinion. Comment below
Like and share
Follow me for more interesting gist