President Uhuru Kenyatta has issued a high profile State of the nation address today at State House where he addressed the nation on the current COVID-19 situation in the country and how to mitigate against them. The following is a summary of the orders.
1. He maintained the current Curfew hours that run from 10PM to 4AM.
2. New curfew hours are for the exception of select Western Kenya counties where curfew hours run from 7PM to 4AM.
3. Only a third of the capacity of churches shall be authorized when it comes to in person worship.
4. Political gatherings have been banned for a further 60 days.
5. All passengers flying and arriving into Kenya must present a negative COVID-19 certificate taken not more than 96 hours before travel.
6. Hotels and restaurants have been ordered to comply with Covid-19 regulations.
7. Funerals must be held not more than 96 hours after confirmation of death.
8. Funeral attendance has been capped at 100 attendees.
9. Hospitals have been directed to limit the number of visitors.
10. Weddings and similar social events have been capped at a maximum of 100 attendees.
11. All previous orders not covered by today's address shall remain in force until otherwise stated.
These orders have earned president Uhuru Kenyatta a fierce attack from Ruto allied senator Milicent Omanga who has blasted the head of state over what she seemingly suggested to be unrealistic orders.
"I thought the president had goodies to cushion Kenyans reeling from COVID-19 and effects of the govt imposed control measures. But no, he had some better things to tell Kenyans," she said.