32-year-old Conor McGregor secured 1st place in the list of top 10 Highest Paid Athletes in 2021. McGregor collected a total of $180m in a year and most of that came from his sale of his majority stake in whiskey brand Proper No.12 to Proximo Spirits for $150m.
Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and NFL quarterback Dak Prescott also surpassed $100m in total earnings. Basketball star LeBron James was just shy of that amount after he took home $96.5m, a record for NBA players.
Neymar takes 6th place after earning $90m, Roger Federer is 7th with $90m, Lewis Hamilton is 8th with $82m, Tom Brady takes 9th with $76m and Kevin Durant is 10th with $75m.
McGregor became only the third athlete to make more than $70m off the field in a single year. Below are the top 10 Highest Paid Athletes in 2021.
1. Conor McGregor (Mixed Martial Arts) - $180m.
2. Lionel Messi (Soccer) - $130m.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer) - $120m.
4. Dak Prescott (American Football) - $107.5m.
5. LeBron James (Basketball) - $96.5m.
6. Neymar (Soccer) - $95m.
7. Roger Federer (Tennis) - $90m.
8. Lewis Hamilton (Formula 1) - $82m.
9. Tom Brady (American Football) - $76m.
10. Kevin Durant (Basketball) - $75m.
If you like this article kindly click on the follow button, and also like and share for more. Thanks.