As we gear up for the 2020 admission exercise, there are specific admission details I would like prospective students and 2020 UTME/DE candidates to be aware of especially as it concerns the JAMB CAPS.
In case you do not know yet, all admission is done via the JAMB CAPS. Any admission that does not reflect on the JAMB CAPS, is not a valid admission.
In this article, I want to highlight some important aspects of the admission process some candidates may not know.
1. JAMB’s major role in the admission process is to ensure candidates are treated fairly in the admission process as well as ensuring institutions keep to their set criteria for admission will ensure all Tertiary institutions to follow what they advertised in their various Brochures and the JAMB CAPS helps ensure that.
2. Obtaining a high score in JAMB UTME does not automatically qualify a candidate for admission in any school. Such a candidate must equally meet the criteria or other standards that may be set by the institution he or she selected. These criteria include; Post-UTME screening, O’level result grading, State of origin, Gender, Science to Arts ratio etc. The JAMB CAPS will confirm if you meet these requirements depending on the criteria set by your school of choice before admission will be given.
3. The O’Level result submitted by candidates must be verified before a candidate is given admission. So ensure that your O’level details are correct.
4. The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) enables JAMB to verify the O’level results uploaded by candidates directly from the examination bodies like WAEC, NECO or NABTEB
5. With the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS), no institutions or anyone else can admit anybody under the table or give anyone a “backdoor admission”
6. Candidates can have access to their dashboard on CAPS with their JAMB Registration Number and be able to know their admission status at any time.
7. When a candidate is not given the course he or she applied to study, the candidate can either accept or reject the admission.
8. There is a market place where institutions can demand candidates who met the admission criteria of the institution but have not been admitted or have rejected the admission offered to them regardless of whether or not such candidates chose them during JAMB registration.
9. Candidates can equally accept or reject any offer for “admission consideration” which is different from the “offer of admission.”
10. The Central Admission Processing System is very secured. Anyone that tries to break it will fail and if the person by chance succeeds, the person will find him or herself in EFCC or ICPC box.
I hope you enjoy reading this article. Please don't hesitate to like, comment, share with your friends and do not forget to FOLLOW me for more information.
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org