Man Dies After Being Electrocuted by Fallen Power lines in Yatta

Cpatterson

Faulty electric poles(source.facebook)

A 50 year old man has died after being electrocuted in Iviani, Yatta sub county of Machakos county.

The man was electrocuted by wires whose pole had fallen on the ground.

The incident was confirmed by Kithimani assistant chief Stephen Mutiso who blamed the Kenya power company for the incident.

He said that the company has been reluctant in restoring electric posts that have fallen.

He noted that there are a lot of electric posts more so the wooden ones which have been destroyed by termites.

Due to this they have become weak and posing danger to residents.

"We have a big problem, the pole fell on the road and one man was electricity by the wires on the ground as he was crossing," said the chief.

"There are a lot of weak poles that need repair but the power company has refused to heed to our calls," he added.

He warned the public against going near electric wires that have fallen.

The body of the man lies at Yatta funeral home.

Cpatterson feedback-newshub@operanewshub.com

Home -> Country