According to Medicalnewstoday, diarrhea Is a bowel movement that is more liquid than solid or, has a loose texture. Many people refer to diarrhea as, running stomach or, purging. Diarrhea can be caused by a number of things but, in some cases, diarrhea is usually a non medical problem.
It is normal for people to experience diarrhea once or more in a year. When a person is having diarrhea, the food they eat goes a long way in determining how severe the diarrhea will be.
Some foods worsens diarrhea while, some foods can help to reduce the severity of the diarrhea.
Here Are Five Foods You Should Eat If You Are Purging (Diarrhea)
1. White Rice: plain white rice is one of the best foods people who are purging should eat.
When eating plain white rice avoid adding, stew or any kind of vegetables because, adding anything to the rice can irritate the digestive system and worsen the diarrhea.
Image: Real Simple
2. Boiled Potatoes: potatoes are one of the most nutritious foods that exists today. Sweet potatoes are also one of the best foods for people who are purging.
However, make sure you do not fry the potatoes instead, boil them and eat them without any other ingredients which is easy because, sweet potatoes are naturally sweet.
3. Bread: bread is made from grains like wheat. However, the wheat used in making some bread have been processed and transformed into white flour.
Whole wheat breads contains Insoluble fiber which can make the digestive system active and worsen the diarrhea. So, it is important to eat bread made with white flour.
4. Hot Oatmeal: oatmeal are very healthy and have a lot of health benefits. Taking hot oatmeal is one of the best foods a person suffering from diarrhea can eat.
However, avoid buying oats that contains sugar because diarrhea and sugar do not interact well. Also, do not add milk to the oatmeal.
Image: Food NDTV
5. Water And Coconut Water: although, water does not necessarily Improve purging however, it keeps the person hydrated because, diarrhea can cause dehydration which can be dangerous.
Also, when a person is purging their body loses essential nutritents like vitamins. However, drinking coconut water will help to replenish some of the minerals and other nutritents the body may have lost.
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
News Hub Creator firstname.lastname@example.org