COVID-19 which is also known as the Corona Virus Disease has and is still affecting people across the globe. It is a sad truth that this pandemic is here with us and we need to quickly adjust to learning how to live with it. The World Health Organisation (WHO) and the national government have put in place preventive measures such as social distancing, wearing masks correctly to cover the nose and mouth and also practising hygiene by washing our hands regularly with soap and water in an effort to minimize the spread of this deadly virus. However, it is very important to also keep our immunity strong as that is the first step to protecting ourselves from the corona virus.
In order to ensure that your immunity is strong, you need to focus on proper nutrition. Proper nutrition is a very important factor before, during and after an illness. When the body gets infected by a virus, or any other illness, the nutrients needs and energy demands increases and that is why you need to know the following 7 key guidelines for a proper nutrition during the COVID-19 pandemic;
1. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your meals daily.
2. Reduce your consumption of fats, salt and sugar.
3. Minimize the consumption of processed foods.
4. Limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
5. Consider taking immunity boosting supplements after consulting with your nutritionist.
6. Drink a lot of water regularly.
7. Exercise frequently and ensure you get adequate sleep daily.
When you focus on this 7 important guidelines you will be able to not only prevent yourself from being infected by the corona virus, but you will also be keeping your body healthy and immunity strong all day long!