What is Matoke.
Matoke also known as cooking banana, is a staple food in East Africa made from green bananas. It is an important part of the diet for many people in the region.
So today, I decided to share on how i prepare matoke. Its of Kisii origin so I decided to make it my own way.
Matoke can be made in different ways, but I like to make mine with beef or lamb. Its simple and hearty!
Easy to prepare but can fill you up for hours, great for lunch and dinner .
- Ten raw bananas
- Garlic paste or garlic powder optional
- Coriander leaves optional
- 1 tablespoonfull of Salt
- Smear oil on your hands before peeling the bananas to avoid stickiness. Then wash the bananas.
- Stir fry the onions with oil then add tomatoes. Let the tomatoes soften, add the garlic paste then the bananas.
- Add water, then stir, after that add the coriander leaves, royco and salt.
- Cover them and let it cook for twenty five to thirty minutes till soft.
- Remove from heat and serve.
News Hub Creator email@example.com