2020 was a tough year for everyone due to the COVID 19 pandemic which drastically affected African richest causing a decline of African Billionaires from 23 to 18 with the only 2 female billionaires of Africa dropping off the list. As of 2021, there are above 18 billionaires in Africa with Egypt and South Africa topping the chat with 5 billionaires and Nigera following with 3 billionaires. The wealthiest people in Africa either founded their own companies from scratch or inherited them from their families. As you have started reading this article, you probably have some names popping into your head as to who will appear on this list. If this is your first time reading my article then you are welcome, kindly follow me for more interesting updates.While the top 10 richest people in the world might not be from Africa, Africa however has its own fair share of billionaires. So without any further delay, below are the top 10 richest people in Africa as of 2021 according to forbes magazine.
10. Kroos Bekker - Net Worth - $2.8 Billion(Source - Media, Investment).
9. Patrice Motsepe - Net Worth - $3 Billion (Source - Mining).
8. Naguib Sawiris - Net Worth - $3.2 Billion (Source - Telecom).
7. Issad Rebrab - Net Worth - $4.8 Billion (Source - Food).
6. Abdulsamad Rabiu - Net Worth - $5.5 Billion(Source - Cement, Sugar).
5. Mike Adenuga - Net Worth - 6.3 Billion (Source - Telecom, Oil).
4. Jonann Rupert - Net Worth - $7.2 Billion (Source - Luxury Goods).
3. Nicky Oppenheimer - Net Worth - $ Billion (Source - Diamonds).
2. Nassef Sawiris - Net Worth - $8.5 Billion (Source - Construction, Investments).
1. Aliko Dangote - Net Worth - $12.1 Billion (Source - Cement, Sugar, Flour).
For more details please click on the link providedhttps://www.forbesafrica.com/billionaires/2021/02/01/africas-richest-2021/