In the year 2020, the world was practically brought to its knees by a then strange virus called COVID-19 as everybody scampered to the haven of their homes while alarmed governments pressed the panic buttons of placing their various countries into lockdown. Throughout last year the world watched with trepidation as the pandemic left sorrows and death in its trail.
Fast forward to 2021, the world seems to have gotten a bit of knowledge about the virus, most people are no longer afraid as they were in 2020 -- all thanks to the availability of Covid-19 vaccines. There is no doubt that 2021 is the year of the Covid-19 vaccination!
However, the crux of this article is to reveal the various ingenious ways some countries have converted formally large public facilities into vaccination centers.
1. Changi Airport, Singapore
The terminal four section of this East Asian country airport was converted to an inoculation center as the government tried to battle the second wave of the pandemic.
2. Anaheim Parking lot Disneyland, California, USA
This is a vaccination supersite in the US that can vaccinate 3,000 people per day.
3. Salisbury Anglican Cathedral, England
This 800 years old magnificent vaccination church building is known for playing soft songs to people who are waiting to take the jab to calm their nerves.
4. Erika-Hess Ice Rink, Germany
5. Time Capsule Water Park, Scotland
6. Epsom Downs Race Course, England
7. Metro Toronto Convention Center, Canada
8. New York Met and Yankee baseball stadium