Nigerian Banga soup, popular known as "ofe akwu" by the Igbos is a local Nigerian delicacy, popular to various ethnic groups of the country.
It is prepared by cooking and squeezing out extract in the form of oil from Palm fruit. It can be prepared within a space of 40 minutes. Kindly read the steps and ingredients involved to get the details.
1. 1kg Palm Fruit
3. Vegetable (scent leaf, bitter leaf or pumpkin)
4. 2 small sized onions
5. A small quantity of crayfish
6. 2 small-sized cubes of Maggi, fresh pepper, salt to taste.
6. Ogiri Okpie (local seasoning)
1. Cook the palm fruit, pound, and extract the oil from it.
2. Wash and cut the vegetables
3. Put the extract in a pot and begin to heat
4. Wash the beef, dry fish and add to the boiling extract
5. Boil for about 15 minutes
6. Add the local seasoning (Ogiri Okpei), cubes of Maggi, pepper, and salt.
7. Taste to ensure equilibrium in the spices.
8. Add the cut vegetables into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Close the pot and allow to boil for 10 minutes, after that, you're done.
The look on your soup after cooking will look like one of these images below;
Banga soup is commonly eaten together with rice and some various fufu recipes, the choice depends on you.
Like, share and follow for more updates, Thanks.