Here are 7 deadly plants that could be hiding in your home or garden. Be careful of them because they can harm you or your loved ones.
Steer very clear of this one, though the entire plant is toxic, If you pop just a handful of berries in your mouth you'll be physically incapable of calling for help. After you lose your voice, respiratory complications, intense digestive disruption and violent convulsion begin.
Don't let the pretty colours and striking appearance of foxglove flower fool you, these bell-shaped blooms contain a compound used for treating heart failure, so eating them is like taking an unregulated dose.
These popular blossoms contain a toxin that we'll be scarily familiar with; Cyanide! It can cause shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting and a rapid pulse, along with a drop in blood pressure. But humans and pets needs to ingest quite a bit for the effects flower to be fatal.
Most often seen around the festive period, the milky sap in the veins of this plant is actually quite toxic. There have only ever been documented cases causing human death but you'll want to keep your children and pets away from them nonetheless. as vomiting and diarrhea could be rife if ingested.
These tiny, white bell-like shaped flowers pack a potent, sweet-smelling scent despite it's small size, but just a bit can cause headache, hot flushes, hallucinations and irritability not to mention red blotches of cold, clammy skin. Even the water you place lily-of-the-valley flower in can contain deadly traces of toxin which intensifies the heart's contractions.
Just one leaf from this striking flower has be known to harm a child! Symptoms of poisoning include drowsiness, slowed heart rate and uncontrollable shaking.
The effect of consuming any part of this parasitic plant in large doses can cause digestive problems, slowed heartbeat and hallucinogenic effects in humans. Munching on a couple of leaves, berries or shoots or drinking mistletoe-flavoured tea will cause abdominal pain and diarrhea.