Currently, the whole Country has been geared towards the 2022 general elections. Those who are eager to contest for various positions are also on their toes preparing to face the battle ahead of them.
In this article, we will learn the current requirements and qualifications that anybody who might want to contest for any position should meet. This article is meant to let you know whether your aspirant is qualified for the position he/she hopes for or not.
For one to be allowed to contest for MCA or MP seats in the coming 2022 polls, he/she;
1. Must be a Kenyan citizen by birth
2. Must be a registered voter
3. Must be a degree holder from any recognized University in Kenya
4. Must be nominated by a political party or is an independent candidate
5. Must not be a public officer or acting in any state of public office other than being a member of parliament
6. Must not hold dual citizenship unless citizenship of the other country has been obtained by operation of law without capacity to opt out
7. Must be a person who is sound minded
8. Must not be subject to a sentence of imprisonment of at least six months from the date of registration of candidates or date of elections
9. Must not have been found to have abused or misused state or public funds or office.
The candidates requirements to contest for the seats includes;
1. Certified copies of educational qualification certificates together with a degree from any recognized University in the Country
2. A copy of National Identification Card
3. A passport photo with a white background both hard and soft copies
4. A nomination certificate from a fully registered political party
5. A duly signed and dated code of conduct letter
6. Nomination fees in a banker's cheque payable to IEBC as follows; Sh200,000 for candidates and Sh100,000 for a candidate who is a youth, a woman or a person with a disability.
Remember that all these set qualifications and requirements are not to lock out any contestant from contesting but only to find the best leaders who can provide good leadership in the nation.
News Hub Creator email@example.com